• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Bunch of old parts, worth anything?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Finally got around to getting the books and posting about them...

Some of these books are very lucky, they have one or multiple 4-leaf clovers in them! My girlfriend's grandmother used to stick them in her husband's books when she found them to preserve them.

The books:
Elements of Radio Servicing - Marcus and Levy, Third Printing 1947
Radio Physics Course - Ghirardi, 2nd Edition 1932
Elements of Radio - Marcus and Horton, Complete Edition 1946
Understanding Radio - Watson Welch Eby, 1945
Practical Radio Communication - Nilson and Hornung, 2nd Edition 1943
Everybody's Radio Manual - Popular Science, Sixth Printing 1946
Radio Operating Questions And Answers - Nilson and Hornung, 9th Edition 1948
Transistor Projects Volume 3 - Radio Shack, First Edition 1975
Radio TV Station Guide - Jones, 13th Edition 1979
The TV Telefixit Book - Kenneally, 12th Printing 1957

Pics:

books1.jpg

books2.jpg

clover.jpg

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi rkc7,
I don't have any clue myself. I do love reading early technical books. If you have an interest, then keep them and read them.

Most likely I could not afford to buy them at bookstore prices. Given who they used to belong to, they may have extra value to you personally if you are interested in them.

-Chris

If he just wanted to scan them, I'd be happy to lend them to him if I could get them back later. I'm not sure I'd want to sell them or give up ownership yet.

I was looking up prices for the books on some website and most do not seem to be worth anything spectacular. The Elements of Radio Servicing seemed to fetch the best price at around $57, while the rest were $5-$25 (except the last three, I didn't bother looking those up). Plus my copies aren't really in the best condition, some have bookcovers taped on, some are a little beat up, some look like they got damp on one edge, etc.

Doesn't really seem they'd be worth the effort of selling since none are really valuable monetarily. I think I may just keep them for the value of their knowledge and sentiment and maybe sell them down the road.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.