• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Ping amperex re: Hammond organs

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi amperex,

In this post

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=707750#post707750

you give instructions for modifying a Hammond organ chassis to make a triode 6V6 push pull. It piqued my interest but after hours of dizzying boredom sifting through Hammond schematics, tribute sites and Ebay I can't find a chassis that exactly matches your description. Most organ amps with a quad of 6V6s are biamp models with separate (and differently part numbered) bass and treble output transformers. The one or two found which are true full range didn't have a 6J5 front end, at least not on the same chassis.

Either the description doesn't match or I can't see how they're adaptable to full range use. Could I trouble you for a little more detail? Thx in advance.

Here is a picture of my amps. The audio transformer is different as well as the tube line-up. I used 4x 7C5 (same as 6V6) plus a 6CG7 splitter/driver.

Attachments

• tn_100_3671.jpg
    tn_100_3671.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 206
The choke in the stock amp are both the same size. I replaced one stock choke with a physically smaller choke next to the power transformer. I wanted a higher DCR as voltage was a little too high for 6V6 triode connected. The stock audio transformer sits in the chassis like the power transformer. All chassis of this type are black wrinkle paint. I find these amps on ebay.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.