• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

ECC99 operating points?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
ecc99 operating points?

Hi all,

It seems there have been a lot of rave about ecc99, but I have not been able to get good results with it. So far, I found it very 'forceful' sounding with pronounced highs and SS qualities.

Ok, I havent tried that many operating points yet, but would appreciate if someone who has good results with it, point me a good direction to try. Thanks

p/s- Currently My B+ is 330v, plate resistor 23k and cathode resistor is 390R. Will measure my plate voltage/current and post it tomorrow.

Thanks

Hi all,

I checked the voltages, and found the current operating point around 135v/11mA. My B+ is about 330v, and my plate resistor is 23k.

Should I increase the current further? My problem is more related to over-emphasized (unnatural) highs. How much gridstop resistor is needed to tame oscillations?

I checked Lynn Olson amity amps, but he did not indicate specifically how he uses the ecc99.

Thanks

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.