• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

interstage convert to phase splitter

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

I have some interstage on hand and I would like to know if it is possible to use it as phase splitter by connecting voltage divider resistors. Will this work?

Attachments

• phase splitter.jpg
    phase splitter.jpg
    3.7 KB · Views: 173
I am using 50k on each leg (if my memory is not failing). It depends on the max grid leak resistor you can use and on the tranny: you can find the best value using a o/scope and looking for resonances, freq response and square wave steepness/ripples.

Make sure the resistors are matched: I am using 2*100k 1% in parallel for each leg to minimize the mismatch.

Ciao.

Gluca said:
mmm that's not my case as my IT is PP to PP, but I splitted an input tranny that was not coming with a CT using a couple of resistors.

I did not notice anything odd with my o/scope ... what should I look at?

ciao

Ciao Gluca

You may apply a squarewave (1 to 10 kHz) to the input of the tube, and watch both output of both halves. These should remain equal in bandwidth, phase and amplitude.

best

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.