• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Duncan Munro Psud primer please?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The program uses the term "diff" for the maximum value - the minimum value of any sweep. If you want this to indicate ripple voltage then set up your sweep to start after the voltage has stabilized, ie capacitors all charged up, and then "diff" will indicate the peak to peak ripple. Basically you can see what is being measured on the display. If you do not wait for the voltage to stabilize, then the min voltage is 0, and "diff" is basically the outpput DC value plus peak ripple.

I think if you play around with it a bit you will see how the numbers relate to the graph.

The abbreviations are all very straightforward. They refer directly to their counterparts in the schematic. E.g., V(Br1), would be voltage across the diode bridge, I(R1) would be current through resistor 1, etc.. Build a simple ps and check each parameter, one at a time. At the end of that, you're an expert.

Sheldon

Robert McLean said:
The program uses the term "diff" for the maximum value - the minimum value of any sweep. If you want this to indicate ripple voltage then set up your sweep to start after the voltage has stabilized, ie capacitors all charged up, and then "diff" will indicate the peak to peak ripple. Basically you can see what is being measured on the display. If you do not wait for the voltage to stabilize, then the min voltage is 0, and "diff" is basically the outpput DC value plus peak ripple.

I think if you play around with it a bit you will see how the numbers relate to the graph.

AWESOME! That is what I needed to know. I thought you had to guess at it from the graph.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.