• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Eimac 35TG

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all,

for an upcoming project i found a couple of funny Eimac-tubes. Eimac is known for its quality stuff....so i would like to give it a try.

It's the 35TG (the same characterisitcs as the 35T but with the grid-connection popping out on the side).

I already "collected" some of these beautifully made tubes and i discovered that there were diferences:
- zirconium getter not on all tubes;
- different stamps;

Maybe you can help me out finding the correct ages of these tubes and even have more of these goodies to buy/swap/whatever. Any information on them is great.

Amplifier-wise: i'm going to make a ultra-parafeed 35TG with a 6HV5 as driver. This two-stage amp on 800 ~1000 Volt should be smaller than my current 833-beasts. My wife banished these from the living room.....but allowed my tube-hobby there.....when smaller. The smaller should be no problem; currently it's 280 kg and 4-chassis for the power-amplifier....so there is a broad margin to work within.

Suggestions for a nice amplifier ? Do you have experience with this tube ? It simply looks stunning; characteristic-wise it's a A2-tube....ideas ?

Looking forward to your replies. I'll submit a couple of posts with the current three different models i have.

Regards,
Reinout

Attachments

• img_0606.jpg
    img_0606.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 353
Eimac 35TG "type 3"

And currently the last type 35 TG....hopefully not the last.......

Glass stamping:
Eimac (in nice lettering)
(JAN-35TG)
3-50D4

On the base
Eimac
Eitel-McCullough. Inc.
San Bruno Calif. U.S.A.
Reg. U.S. Pat. Off.

And now new:
NO cooling fins on the anode/plate
The plate/anode seems to be covered in light gre-ish getter (which seems to be zirconium which was used often for that purpose)

Ideas ?

Attachments

• img_0605.jpg
    img_0605.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 306
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.