EL34 identification - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Tubes / Valves
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Gallery Wiki Blogs Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Tubes / Valves All about our sweet vacuum tubes :) Threads about Musical Instrument Amps of all kinds should be in the Instruments & Amps forum

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 7th September 2005, 01:26 AM   #1
amperex is offline amperex  United States
diyAudio Member
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: MI
Default EL34 identification

What are these EL34 tubes bought in the early 1970s? Some state United & others Amperex. Plates are with two grid access rectangle hole spacing that match up to only the older RFT. No codes exist on the glass. States 'Made in USA' (thats not likely).

Amperex, Telefunken, Japan, all Russian & all Chinese I could find doing a Google search have different rectangle hole spacing. These tubes have a top & side ring type getter. The top of glass is fairly flat & smooth.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tn_100_3456.jpg (61.9 KB, 212 views)
  Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2005, 10:11 AM   #2
diyAudio Member
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Monterubbiano(AP) - Italy
Hi Amperex,
I have a big "collection" of El34s. Today I am a little busy, but tomorrow I'll check to find if something is similar to your photo.

Btw I know there is a big mess with United Electron.
see, for example: http://www.univalve.net/forums/viewt...=99&forum=4&11
and: http://www.allaudios.org/detail-7209756.html

...if a man desire to laugh, must be ready also to cry.
  Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2005, 12:31 PM   #3
diyAudio Member
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Monterubbiano(AP) - Italy
Hi amperex,
None of my EL34 is similar to photo.
I am sorry...can't help.
...if a man desire to laugh, must be ready also to cry.
  Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2005, 04:45 PM   #4
cerrem is offline cerrem  United States
diyAudio Member
cerrem's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: San Diego, CA
I would "guess" that those are German EL34 tubes based on internal geometry.... The outfit that bought them and relabeled them must have left the "MADE IN USA" on the screening process... Might have been too much of a pain to remove it and possibly they could have been under the gun to get thier products out quickly to satisfy a contract/bid.... UNITED ELECTRON sounds like a relabel.... EL34 Tubes that don't measure up for AUDIO applications work great for pass elements in voltage regulators....

  Reply With Quote


Hide this!Advertise here!
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Help with Cap identification SVinzant Parts 3 22nd January 2009 12:54 PM
Part Identification mjrpainless Car Audio 5 11th January 2009 01:00 AM
Need identification if possible. es44 Full Range 2 11th September 2008 08:38 AM
Valve Identification-Help hifileslie Tubes / Valves 21 17th April 2005 08:04 PM

New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 10:17 AM.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2017 diyAudio

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2