diyAudio (
-   Tubes / Valves (
-   -   EL34 identification (

amperex 7th September 2005 01:26 AM

EL34 identification
2 Attachment(s)
What are these EL34 tubes bought in the early 1970s? Some state United & others Amperex. Plates are with two grid access rectangle hole spacing that match up to only the older RFT. No codes exist on the glass. States 'Made in USA' (thats not likely).

Amperex, Telefunken, Japan, all Russian & all Chinese I could find doing a Google search have different rectangle hole spacing. These tubes have a top & side ring type getter. The top of glass is fairly flat & smooth.

TheGatesOfFate 7th September 2005 10:11 AM

Hi Amperex,
I have a big "collection" of El34s. Today I am a little busy, but tomorrow I'll check to find if something is similar to your photo.

Btw I know there is a big mess with United Electron.
see, for example:


TheGatesOfFate 9th September 2005 12:31 PM

Hi amperex,
None of my EL34 is similar to photo.
I am sorry...can't help. :whazzat:

cerrem 9th September 2005 04:45 PM

I would "guess" that those are German EL34 tubes based on internal geometry.... The outfit that bought them and relabeled them must have left the "MADE IN USA" on the screening process... Might have been too much of a pain to remove it and possibly they could have been under the gun to get thier products out quickly to satisfy a contract/bid.... UNITED ELECTRON sounds like a relabel.... EL34 Tubes that don't measure up for AUDIO applications work great for pass elements in voltage regulators....


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:22 AM.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2017 diyAudio

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2