SET w/ 300B Ultrapath + Parafeed Typologies - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Tubes / Valves

Tubes / Valves All about our sweet vacuum tubes :) Threads about Musical Instrument Amps of all kinds should be in the Instruments & Amps forum

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 15th August 2005, 07:58 AM   #1
eeyore is offline eeyore  Australia
diyAudio Member

Default SET w/ 300B Ultrapath + Parafeed Typologies

Hi, I have been reading VTV issue 16 as well as a whole host of stuff on the Internet regarding SET amps. I have built a few tube amps already and feel confident to moving onto something a bid different. What I had in mind is a SET amp using one single 300B, with an Ultrapath capacitor, incorporating an parallel feed (plate choke) and using a single driver tube (maybe 5842/417A) and perhaps even transformer coupled interstage.

Now, it does sound like a real mouthful. But in princple, trying to put together something that incorporates some 'good' design principles (from what I've read) and allowing minimal components, so that one can use premium components.

The question is, are there currently designs available that incorporate such parameters? If not, what would be a good place to start in terms of calculating and putting this all together?
Old 17th August 2005, 01:40 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

Would this fit the bill?

Kofi

Hide this!Advertise here!