• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Pentodes; plate resistance; damping...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
PRR,

Keep in mind I basically draw pictures for a living-so my terms and questions aren't always techincally accurate.:D

When I mentioned a varying load, I was (incorrectly) referring to the speaker as a resistor-since resistors referred to as a "load" in the texts I'm working my way through. Bear in mind I've learned how and why power supplies rectify voltage, where that voltage goes and why, how diodes, triodes, tetrodes and pentodes work and how a signal is amplified and passed to succeeding stages-but when things get much beyond Ohm's law or discussions about tube characterisitc curves, transductance and gain I get lost rather quickly. I've got no illusions about ever being more than a professional artist and an audio hobbiest-but it doesn't keep me from trying and enjoying the adventure!

Man this site is fantastic-there's another site I frequently skim but never post on where a series of exchanges such as this would quickly devolve to flaming, bruised egos and nit-picking which destroys any informational value.

Best,
mr mojo

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.