• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

anyone mod a NYAL Moscode superIt?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have been living with a SuperIt for the past couple of months. It is ok, but sounds a little muffled compared to my previous mod'ed EAR 834P. I have heard that with a few mods this stage can sound out standing. I plan on removing the volume and balance control, and adding Auricaps. Does anyone have experience mod'ing a SuperIt that might want to share a little insight in to what worked and what didn't? Thanks in advance.

http://www.galibierdesign.com/images/Super_It.gif

\\\I replaced all the power supply capacitors,, then on to the film caps with sonicaps,,finally a pair of Mundorf Silver/Oils in the coupling stage,, popped the op-amp a replaced with a opa 2604,,so far it is extremely sweet and detailed,with lots of air,,waiting on the rca's and then I'm done.

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    87.6 KB · Views: 554
Moscode Supper IT

\\\I replaced all the power supply capacitors,, then on to the film caps with sonicaps,,finally a pair of Mundorf Silver/Oils in the coupling stage,, popped the op-amp a replaced with a opa 2604,,so far it is extremely sweet and detailed,with lots of air,,waiting on the rca's and then I'm done.

Hello Dangerbird,
Are you still using this phono pre? Did you change any of the values of your recapping? I would like to speak to you regarding my Super IT project.
Thanks,
Jim

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.