Tube sockets in Eagle? - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Tubes / Valves

Tubes / Valves All about our sweet vacuum tubes :) Threads about Musical Instrument Amps of all kinds should be in the Instruments & Amps forum

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 7th August 2005, 05:39 AM   #11
jleaman is offline jleaman  Belgium
Banned

Send a message via AIM to jleaman
Default Re: My tube library for Eagle

Quote:
Originally posted by tubelab.com
Ok, I have been asked about this in a couple of threads, so here it is. This is the actual library that I use on my vacuum tube boards.

The 5AR4, 45, and 5842 parts as well as the resistors, caps, and regulator IC, are the ones used on the TubelabSE board. The 5AR4 part was modified from the library that I downloaded from Eagle. The pads and holes have been enlarged for ease of assembly. The other parts I created myself. Since there is no PC board socket available for the 4 pin tubes (45, 300B) I created a part for the chassis mount socket. Pictures will be posted in a seperate reply.

The 6FQ7 and 12AX7 parts are the ones used on the 300Beast board. These parts are about 5 years old and are updated from an older version of Eagle.

The 6U8 part is even older and was used in a KT-88 amp.

These library parts are a work in progress, they have evolved over time, and will continue to evolve. I know that they will be of use to Tubeheads that use Eagle, however, I make no guarantees. Use at your own risk

Thanks so much for this tube.lib files I have been looking for some.. Do you got any more to share.. ?

j'
Old 7th August 2005, 08:48 AM   #12
Nisbeth is offline Nisbeth  Denmark
diyAudio Member

Tubelab, thanks a lot for the library, that was just what I needed FWIW, there's a library contaning a 7-pin mini socket on this link http://www.diyforums.org/millett.html

/U.
Old 7th August 2005, 02:32 PM   #13
diyAudio Member

Default Tube library for Eagle

Thanks so much for this tube.lib files I have been looking for some.. Do you got any more to share.. ?

At this point you have my entire tube collection, even though the library is small, it contains everything needed to build amplifier boards.

All of my other libraries were from my digital design days using socketed dip and PLCC parts. Since there are far better parts in the current Eagle libraries, I don't even use them any more.
Old 7th August 2005, 02:39 PM   #14
diyAudio Member

Thanks for the link to the library containing the 7 pin part. I am planning a SE amp design that uses 6AQ5 tubes. I will modify this part instead of starting over if it works out.
Old 28th July 2008, 12:27 AM   #15
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to mod_evil
And for Proteus? Anybody have a Library for it?

Best Regards,
Felipe Navarro
Old 31st March 2010, 04:20 PM   #16
diyAudio Member

Hello,

Does someone has the library for tubes in Eagle whitch contains the ECC85 ??

Its kinda urgent please

Thanx
Old 31st March 2010, 04:49 PM   #17
Arnulf is offline Arnulf  Europe
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velde1 View Post
Does someone has the library for tubes in Eagle whitch contains the ECC85 ??

Its kinda urgent please
I was about to help you ... right up until the "kinda urgent" part. How about doing your own homework ? You couldn't even be bothered to look it up so why should we help you ? Oh, I nearly forgot, because it's "kinda urgent" ...
mod verb, transitive /mod/ to state that one is utterly clueless about the operation of device to be "modded" and into "fixing" things that are not broken; "My new amplifier sounds great so I want to mod it."
Old 26th June 2010, 02:26 AM   #18
silass is offline silass  Brazil
diyAudio Member

Default ubelab.zip

thanks for release the file was very useful.
Old 18th June 2012, 02:09 AM   #19
chrish is offline chrish  Australia
diyAudio Member

Dragging his thread up from the past...

I am using a Mac, and have Eagle 6.2. Unfortunately, the PC socket libraries don't work with my version. Is this an Eagle for Mac 6.x issue, or later versions of Eagle in general?

Anyway, if someone has any libraries for Eagle in a later format it would be very helpful.

Regards,

Chris
Old 18th June 2012, 08:15 AM   #20
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubelab.com View Post
Ok, I have been asked about this in a couple of threads, so here it is. This is the actual library that I use on my vacuum tube boards.

The 5AR4, 45, and 5842 parts as well as the resistors, caps, and regulator IC, are the ones used on the TubelabSE board. The 5AR4 part was modified from the library that I downloaded from Eagle. The pads and holes have been enlarged for ease of assembly. The other parts I created myself. Since there is no PC board socket available for the 4 pin tubes (45, 300B) I created a part for the chassis mount socket. Pictures will be posted in a seperate reply.

The 6FQ7 and 12AX7 parts are the ones used on the 300Beast board. These parts are about 5 years old and are updated from an older version of Eagle.

The 6U8 part is even older and was used in a KT-88 amp.

These library parts are a work in progress, they have evolved over time, and will continue to evolve. I know that they will be of use to Tubeheads that use Eagle, however, I make no guarantees. Use at your own risk
Thanks for sharing!

Jaz

Hide this!Advertise here!