My experience building a DRD d3A/300B amp - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Tubes / Valves

Tubes / Valves All about our sweet vacuum tubes :) Threads about Musical Instrument Amps of all kinds should be in the Instruments & Amps forum

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 2nd August 2005, 12:30 PM   #11
diyAudio Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
An other great pick up would be a MQ iron. They are not exactly that cheap btw.
Gianluca, good iron is never cheap

Luis.. I like the fact that you have incorporated an of the shelf product LL1667/15mA for your DRD. That makes it a lot easier for folks to build a copy of your amp.
Old 2nd August 2005, 12:31 PM   #12
Previously: Kuei Yang Wang

Default Re: My experience building a DRD d3A/300B amp

Konnichiwa,

Quote:
Originally posted by ligascon
I would specially like to thank Thorsten
Hey, thanX for the flowers...

Always happy to help where I can.

Great that everything worked out well for you.

Sayonara
Old 2nd August 2005, 04:44 PM   #13
Raj1 is offline Raj1  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Hi,

nice amp, that's more or less the same as I am going for. I think I will stick with a lower b+ though...... Thorsten has a nice schematic on his yahoo group.

I really like the look of the we717a, I'd like to use it just cause it looks cool!

Also I am thinking of having a universal power transformer, so that I can convert to 45 tube if necessary. That will mean buying an extra pair of opt's though........ All amorphous chokes and opt's. I have Pieter from Tribute winding me some amorphous opt's for my dac so I can get an idea of how good they really sound. I will see if Thorsten will oblige any info on 45 tube conversion when the time comes. I think it is best to start with, the 300b, plenty of power, should sound pretty detailed too in this topology.......

Unfortunatley I am also in the situation of not being able to hear the 300b in SE or 45 in SE before building. But sometimes a chance must be taken.......

In your case it seems to have paid off!

Thanks
Raja
Old 2nd August 2005, 06:20 PM   #14

Which schematic on the yahoo group? I am a member of the Thunderstone audio group (valvesandesls)...but there are quite a few 300B schematics on there..

PS..yahoo groups suck...in the look and feel imo
Old 2nd August 2005, 07:22 PM   #15
Raj1 is offline Raj1  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Bas

thunderstone audiophile group, ladyday signature, look in the direct coupled designs folder.........

Thanks
Raja
Old 2nd August 2005, 07:30 PM   #16
diyAudio Member

Hello,

Congratulation for the assembly. I also wanted to carry out one and for what I see they are very satisfactory their results with the Supravox.

Hola,

Enhorabuena por el montaje. Yo tambien queria realizar uno y por lo que veo son muy satisfactorios sus resultados con los Supravox.

┴ngel
Old 2nd August 2005, 07:58 PM   #17

kONNICHIWA,

Quote:
Originally posted by Bas Horneman
Which schematic on the yahoo group?
I'm as puzzeled as you...

Quote:
PS..yahoo groups suck...in the look and feel imo
I have been using Yahoo groups since before they where e-groups, a long time. So I keep the groups there.... I agree they have disimproved some and look dated nowadays....

Sayonara
Old 2nd August 2005, 08:11 PM   #18

Konnichiwa,

Quote:
Originally posted by Raj1
thunderstone audiophile group, ladyday signature, look in the direct coupled designs folder.........
This one, in other words....

Sayonara
Attached Images
File Type: gif gif.gif (17.6 KB, 2852 views)
Old 2nd August 2005, 08:53 PM   #19
diyAudio Member

Hi everyone,

Quote:
Did you use the AM versions straight away? Or did you upgrade to them later?
I got them straight away. I think I know were you are going. No, sadly I didn't have a chance to compare the Lundahl amorphous core to any other output trannie so I had to go with intuition and faith. Still I'm quite happy with Lundahl. The construction quality is superb and there is many other builders that seem to be happy with the swedish iron.

Quote:
Originally posted by Gluca
somewhere here on diyaudio a Jap guy (or was it somewhere else??) was saying that permalloy Tamura/Tango are way better than LL. An other great pick up would be a MQ iron. They are not exactly that cheap btw.
I'm sure that either Tamura, Tango or MQ are great also...and for sure that I'd love to compare the different sound of each one. On the other hand I want to believe that after a certain quality mark, the sound is not going to change THAT dramatricly from one to another...one hopes.

Quote:
Originally posted by Gluca
what about a DC current regulated heater?
Do you mean Guido Tent's filament supply? I've heard about it...but as I said earlier, due to my limited knowledge of electronics, I wouldn't know if it would be preferable to the hefty stuff that I have now. I'll have to wait and see what the common wisdom of this and other groups have to say...

Quote:
Would there be any chance of buying a cd or two from you?
Gee, I'm flattered. I primarily do recordings to spoil my students and to have memories of their performances so I won't try to sell anything, I'll be very happy to just send you some stuff when I get home...right now I'm away on vacation.

Quote:
Luis.. I like the fact that you have incorporated an of the shelf product LL1667/15mA for your DRD. That makes it a lot easier for folks to build a copy of your amp.
Yeap, I figured that too. I hope I help some people that way. In fact, choosing what and what not to use was probably the most difficult bit building these things. Consider that I didn't really have any kind of bits and pieces at my place...I had to order everything.

Quote:
Originally posted by Kuei Yang Wang
Hey, thanX for the flowers...
If you ever show up in Barcelona it won't be flowers but a good bottle of Rioja...

Thank you all. Regards,

Luis
Old 2nd August 2005, 08:59 PM   #20

Quote:
I'll be very happy to just send you some stuff when I get home...
That would be great...

Need anything from the Netherlands?

Hide this!Advertise here!