• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

RE: RC-19 or RC-30

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.

PRR

Joined 2003
Paid Member
I have 22, 23, and 30. They are 99% the same. Some of the very last tubes, like 8417, are in 30 but not in 22/23; being the last tubes they are not used in very many designs. RC22 has a little more info on the very old tubes like 2A3, and the very special tubes used in beach-radios and vibratorless car radios; but if you are working with old tubes you should know Frank's online data, and compare all the data-sheets available.

If you will only get one RC book, 30 is a good one to get.

A plug for Frank's website

Frank's website is my second most used bookmark, after Google! I'm exaggerating perhaps, but it seems that a big chunk of my hard drive space is devoted to tube data sheets, many of which were downloaded from Frank. Whenever any tube is mentioned as even remotely related to audio, I download it. I guess I worry about the terrible day when Frank decides to drop his avocation. Meanwhile, thanks Frank!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.