• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Unusual Motorola Console

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Trout said:
I would really like to hear this baby with a CD player, But Im not sure the line out on my audio card or walkman CD player will match in the phono input. Im not exactly up on that matching stuff as generally I just build or repair based on schematics

ECs right. I usually just wire the grids of the gain stage of the amp (one of the triodes in the 6BM8) directly to the input. As a quick & nasty, if the cartridge was ceramic, you can jack the CD player straight in (the EQ is usually very minor)

dave

I have a Motorola Solid State 100 stereo/tv console in my gargage that belonged to my grandmother. The tv is concealed behind two sliding panels. It has the radio on the left, the record player on the right, and the tv in the front which has one turning knob and 4 or 5 push buttons. It doesn't have legs like the pics I've seen online. It sits about an inch off the ground and is on rollers. I've been trying to find out any information I can on this thing cuz I can't find any numbers on it that mean anything yet. I want to either sell it or fix it. At this time it does power up and the power light located in front under the tv screen lights up. Any help would be more than GREATLY appreciated.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.