• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

OT data

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello all..

- I have local master, who winds trafos, but he know only for mains trafo how to wind..
- for output trafo I must give him exact data how to do it...
- 10K for primar and 4/8 for sec is not enough

So, can anyone tell me for that amp (link) maximum possible data fot OT,

- I dont know what kind of data is needed for good OT

http://tinpan.fortunecity.com/saint...imer/211-se.gif

lp

trens

sorry for my english

Oh Boy...Thats a tough one...

I design and wind OPT's ... high powered Single Ended OPT's are not trivial to make if you have not done one before..
If you want wide bandwidth and very good linearity...it's a tough grind..
I prefer E I laminations over tape wound C-cores in these applications....for a number of reasons...
If it weren't for the GAP that needs to be set up....it would be a lot easier to explain....
Most designs are intilectual property of the designer and displaying a winding sheet on the web would be rare..

You would be better buying a SE output transformer....

Chris

Transformer calculator

I can vote the big thumbs up for Yvesm transformer calculator--Works well, but maybe a little pessimistic in its projected results.
Recently used this to make a great set of three O/P Tx for 6c33 valves--great bandwidth, high output, great sound too!

Total cost for three home-made Tx was less than half the cost of one 'cheap chinese Tx' off Ebay!

Thanks Alastair, but I totally agree with Bas.

Those HI Z units are really more difficult to acheive than LO Z ones specially when looking at Hi frequency response.

I'm trying to wind a good one for a 845 (8K load) and it is just .... not so bad.

Look at shots here:

www.dissident-audio.com/SE_845/Scope.jpg

I could live with the 10µS rise time but would be happy to remove the step at mid slope :xeye:
So many things left to learn !

I try vy hard.

Trens, you've not choosen the easiest way !

Yves.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.