• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Another linestage......

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Will THIS work and if not why not?

Attachments

• 6n7cf2.jpg
    6n7cf2.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 680
Well,I've got an SRPP 6SN7 linestage atm and am looking for more gain and/or a different sound.A few months ago I tried Joel's 12AY7/6SN7 circuit but with ecc81 and 6N7 and liked the sound of it but was thinking of having 1/2 the B+ for the 1st stage and direct-coupling between stages,hence this sorry attempt at designing my own.I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction,I need to drive a SRPP 6SN7/2A3 SE power amp.

diyAudio Member
Joined 2002
kianbach said:
..... I tried Joel's 12AY7/6SN7 circuit but with ecc81 and 6N7 and liked the sound of it but was thinking of having 1/2 the B+ for the 1st stage and direct-coupling between stages.....I need to drive a SRPP 6SN7/2A3 SE power amp..

Hi,

Use 300V B+ for ECC85 (omit OA2 and 0.1uF),
Va=150V, Ia=10mA, Vgc=-1V,
then
Rc=Vgc/Ia=100ohm (in your schematic 390ohm),
Ra=(Vcc-Va)/Ia=150/0,01=15kohm (dropper in your schematic).

Regards,
Milan

Well it's built and running!Sounds nice,plenty of gain,Drives my 2A3SE no probs.Ear bleeding volume from my Lowther Acoustas.
Values as follows::

B+ 300v
Ecc85 anode R = 15k
Ecc85 cathode R = 220r
6N7 cathode R = 23.5k(47k x 2)

total current draw 25mA from a 100mA tranny.

NICE!:)
Will post Picks soon but it looks rough as it's on my experimantal/Frankenstein chassis.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.