• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

strange tube

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.

Yes these tubes are from military NOS .I send a pick from these..[sorry for low quality of the pick]

Attachments

• 6384.jpg
    6384.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 899
Most 6L6 circuits will work fine with the 6AR6 and 6384 (within the maximum plate dissipation ratings). Some bias adjustment may be needed. Keep in mind that these tubes have a different pinout than the 6L6.

The odd pinout solves the arc over problem that happens with any of the common audio tubes. A 6L6GC or any of the others are prone to an arc from pin 3 (plate) to pin 2 (a heater pin that is often grounded) when operated at high plate voltages and abused, like a guitar amp. This is why the 6AR6 has a higher plate voltage rating than the 6L6GC and the 6384 is even higher at 750 volts.

I have some of both tubes. I wired the 6384's into a 6L6GC amp several years ago, but that amp didn't take advantage of those tubes. It was a wimpy 30 WPC amp. Further experimentation will occur in the next few months.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.