• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

5902 amp schematics?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Alexander, thanks for posting those links.

I have been using a 955 (acorn) driving a P-P 5902 triode connected to drive a Klipsch La Scala for a few years. However both driver and power tubes are battery biased, 1.2V and 6V respectively. I use the small Hammond 125C as outputs. I don't have a schematic to share but my B+ is 110V. Nice sounding amp and I've been meaning to play around a bit more with it--also try a pentoded 5902 as a driver. So by all means dive into your project.
Matt

5902 push-pull amp from Italy

Folks,

If I may add a link on 5902 amplifiers: there is a push-pull amplifier project posted on the "Radio di Sophie" site, run by Italian hobbyists. I have built a prototype (single channel) of Nicola del Ciotto's amplifier and it sounds good, but needs a preamp capable of providing 10V RMS output (or more).

The following document provides all information including PCB layout:

http://www.leradiodisophie.it/Download/Nicola-del-Ciotto-Amp5902.pdf

(If anyone wonders: Sophie is (or was) an Abessynian cat with impressive looks, that liked to sit on working valve radios !)

Best regards,

Aren van Waarde (aka arensattic)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.