• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

what do I replace...?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hello boyshere is my latest question...I finally decided to try the baxandall circuit for tone. some old ampeg portaflexes use an almost identical circuit with some different r/c values, but I dont know which to change...should I replace resistors 10 and 11, and caps 5,6,8,9? thanks

Attachments

• b12nf-jp.gif
    b12nf-jp.gif
    22.4 KB · Views: 188
sorry guys, as I often tend to do I assume everyone knows what I am talking about so I dont explain myself enough. I intend to switch out the resistors and caps from my amp and put in the ones from the ampeg. I am converting my PA into a guitar amp, so the tone stack as is doesnt work, but I am not sure exactly how many of the resistors and caps to replace...will C5 and/or C10/R13 have to be replaced, or do they not have a bearing on the tone controls...thanks guys

hello, after what seems like an eternity of trying to make this thing fit 800x600 pixels here it is. R10 is 47K to ground. I guess what I am asking in a nutshell is whether I need only replace the r/c values within the tone stack, or if I need to change more ie, ones leading to and/or from the tone stack. thanks agian guys

Attachments

• shiza.png
    shiza.png
    16.6 KB · Views: 59
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.