Tango XE Output Iron (merged) - Page 3 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Tubes / Valves

Tubes / Valves All about our sweet vacuum tubes :) Threads about Musical Instrument Amps of all kinds should be in the Instruments & Amps forum

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 30th March 2003, 09:30 PM   #21
diyAudio Member

Default The school times...

Quote:
It is not accepted practice to do that here so, I have to report it the the moderators.
When i was at school there was walways a schoolfellow who complain about the behaviour of his fellows to the director of the school!!!

Of course we loved him!!!
Old 30th March 2003, 09:37 PM   #22
diyAudio Senior Member

Default SILLY BILLY.

Hi,

Jorge,

Think about the other posters, the other threads being pushed up etc.

Some of his earlier posts have already been removed, maybe by himself.

Either way, it is just against the rules.

If you enjoy receiving thirty + e-mail notifications about a guy saying he's starting up some DIY business than I'll gladly bombard your mailbox just with copies from what I received.

Rules are rules, I already gave him a hint before and if he wants to be able to post later on he'd better give it some thought.

Ciao,
Old 30th March 2003, 10:09 PM   #23
Account Disabled

hi frank,

If I do something wrong, I say sorry to all in the forum.
I only want to share all I had. Ans all the diyers that can cost less but can enjoy more quality items.
Pls forgive for my motion.
very sorry.
For the opinion of the output. This is my opinion.
Why I do this???
Because I know In europe & America, the japan output sell in very high price. I don't know why. So I directly take to the factory & get a good price. I hope more people can enjoy more.
Pls be know that I not need to sell the item in here. I can sell in ebay. But as I say. For example the james output. The ebay price cost over USD 300 per pair. If I can supply in lower price that more diyer can effort.
I think, I would like to inform more diyer that I can do this.
Hope U will know why I do.
The picture I show was the amp I personal made. not for sell.
later U in my website U will saw MANY diyer in hong kong their items. We only want to share the experience & the flow that we can got quality products that made more people can enjoy it.

thanks

Thomas
Old 31st March 2003, 10:12 AM   #24
Account Disabled

hi ,

i agree that the performance as x2.7S is a good output but too large & expensive.

I test many different output in same circuit.
JE labs Deluxe 300b.

They got interest result.
I prefer the core not more than 20 watts & less than 120ma per one 300B SE output.

otherwise the output need many time to run in.

thnaks

Thomas
Old 24th November 2003, 06:10 AM   #25
diyAudio Member

I too am starting to gather parts to build the Rankin 2a3. I bought a pair of Tango XE 20S myself. I am now searching and "scrounging" for the rest of the parts needed for me to build this amplifier. I will be using it for my horns in my two way speaker system. I have a pair of tad td-4001 compression drivers that will be powered by the Rankin 2a3 mono block amps. I am also ordering the marchand two way crossover kit to biamplifiy my speakers. I am still deciding on what chassis to use? IAG has a nice looking one with wood sides. Wellborne has some wood chassis boxes. Then there is always Hammond but that is my last choice. I am trying to figure out the rest of the parts I want to get. I have a shaft mount tool to use like an oversized but more powerful Dremel to use to cut the holes in the chassis metal tops. Maybe we can exchange some emails to see what parts we are going to use and exchange some ideas. This will be my "over the winter project." I have heard nothing but good things about Tango, and the Magnequest DSO25. For my power transformer I may go with the Magnequest, or the new c-core made by Tamura I am just starting to read about. These are selling for very little money. Then again the Magnequest power transformers are not that much more money. For 2a3 tubes I will test fire the amps with inexpensive Sovtek tubes. Then when all is done and it passes the smoke test I want to use the mesh plate 2a3 tubes. Good luck with your project!
Are you going to use a filament transformer for the rectifier tube? I am reading that this may cut the hum down a lot. Not important really unless you are running high efficient horn type speakers.
John C. - Framingham, MA
Old 24th November 2003, 06:51 PM   #26
Account Disabled

Talking Tango XE iron

hi john,

Nice to hear U hear the tango iron.
I also using this too.
Recently I got three different OPT.
1. Hashimoto OPT from japan.
2. My OEM double C-core OPT from retire OLD tango technian MR. KENJI. Use telefunken core & japan XS series method to wire.
pls visit.

http://www.vt4c.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=155

3. My KENJI made Cobalt lamination.

http://www.vt4c.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=115

USA I saw sell in very expewnsive price, ebay too.

Magnequest Cobalt Audio Output Transformers Item number: 2203826680

Bidding has ended for this item (single_ended is the winner)

Go to larger picture Winning bid: US $523.00
Ended: Nov-22-03 07:51:33 PST
History: 1 bid (US $523.00 starting bid)
United States

The cobalt core is not big as mine oem from japan.
MY cobalt is slightly bigger than XE20S.

Pls visit my web & the forum for more detail.

www.diyaudiocraft.com.
I was glad to hear more comment from ALL.

very thanks for ALL.

thnaks

thomas

www.diyaudiocraft.com
Old 25th November 2003, 01:56 AM   #27
diyAudio Member

I have past experience with Lundahl and they sound great. Price is way less than anything in their sound class. The drawback is they are not pretty but hey, a nice wooden box fixes that right up.
Old 25th November 2003, 11:52 AM   #28
diyAudio Member

Thomas

Is it me or is this forum a soap box in which to pitch your site and product? It seems that you are never heard from unless there is an opportunity in which to pitch the Japanese iron.

I bet I could probably dig up 5 or six pictures of your amplifiers that you have posted so far.

If your going to respond how about technical information and a picture of the transformer in question?

Just a thought

Joe
Old 27th November 2003, 07:43 PM   #29
Account Disabled

Talking Tango XE iron

hi burnfingers,

do U know that some of USA iron also OEM in China.
HXXXXX was one of the brand name & call one of the factory in wunan to OEM.
I had many way to test in data or hearing test the different OPT otherwise I cannot to Build my brand OPT.
For the Japanese iron I was not said the best but they had very good spec. But I must also pass all of my hearing test in different conditions.
I also OEM some of the power trans in taiwan.
I use my method to make some low price but good quality product to benefit more Diyers.
pls see my new C-core power trans.
Do U feel good.

I can import all japan topest OPT into hong kong so I can get more techical data & hearing feeling in different brands.
Then try to OEM one but good quality & spec.
So cheaper............ more diyers can enjoy.

My OEM OPT core is from Germany, not japan but japanese to OEM. So its not a fully japan iron.
Pls study.

very thanks

thomas

www.diyaudiocraft.com
Attached Images
File Type: jpg c-core power trans photo 004.jpg (75.6 KB, 695 views)
Old 27th November 2003, 10:52 PM   #30
diyAudio Senior Member

Hi,

Quote:
do U know that some of USA iron also OEM in China.
Well, I've known that for at least 15 years but that's not Burnedfingers point.

I also happen to know that most high-tech rare earth magnets as used in MC cartridges come from mainland China.

Cheers,

Hide this!Advertise here!