DIY Powdered Iron Tranny Core - Page 8 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Tubes / Valves

Tubes / Valves All about our sweet vacuum tubes :) Threads about Musical Instrument Amps of all kinds should be in the Instruments & Amps forum

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 26th November 2005, 11:33 AM   #71
Tweeker is offline Tweeker  United States
diyAudio Member

How would powered iron from a cylinder head porter compare? Much less common, but still available.
Old 1st December 2005, 04:27 AM   #72
diyAudio Member

Valveitude,

This is amazing. Continue the excellent work. This is beyond DIY into the realm of the garage/backyard/attic experimentor. A great deal of our modern day knowledge has been gained through people such as yourself. Also take note that most have had a sizeable group of naysayers. This doesn't mean your idea will work, but it certainly shows that just because conventional wisdom says it isn't possible doesn't mean it's right.

I will continue to watch this thread and anticipate your results with great enthusiasm.
Old 1st December 2005, 12:44 PM   #73
diyAudio Member

Well I see this thread has been brought back from the dead

I'm afraid I have given up for now. I still am not convinced I couldn't reach a mu in the low hundreds, but my best efforts before shelving it was no where near that.

It was filthy hard work getting as far as I did, and I decided my hobby time was supposed to have some joy in it. Currently I have been working on a Teres-like (with possible improvements )turntable. If interested you can see it here...

Corian Turntable Fun

Thankx to eveyone in this thread for participating.

Casey
Old 19th December 2005, 05:27 AM   #74
diyAudio Member

Hey, I want to make my own OPT's, and I am reinventing the wheel.

I want trifiliar primarys (for 3 parallel output tubes), a dc bias coil to offset the se bias, and multiple taps for output impeadance.

But what I seek is a source of EI laminates without resorting to buying microwaves from Wallmart for disection.

I can put together a gearhead motor with a rev counter and a former and I can find the formulas to get me in the ballpark, If I can source the laminations.
Old 19th December 2005, 06:46 AM   #75
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to KimBOlesen
Default trifiliar primarys / EI laminates

Hi

The only EI laminates i could buy where from a Danish import company, and they would only deliver when buying between 800 - 1100kg of ion So my OPT is made of scrap.. Remember that you will need some space for trifilar primarys. Mine is bifilar primarys for SE parallel Tubes , and the cores is stuffed!

Best regards Kim Olesen
www.micro-io.dk

Hide this!Advertise here!