• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

rogers cadet mk3 hummm.....

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello,

Just bought myself a rogers cadet mk3 which is very nice ; )
Interestingly it has been modified by way of a headphone/line out stereo jack output on the front next to the balance knob.
Apart from that it looks all original including the valve line up.

Just wondering if anyone here has had any luck lessening the hum on it, its not 50hz, but defiantly 100hz hum that's prominent here, and on my one the hum (regardless of signal/levels) is louder on 1 side, i think the right channel.

So first off would like to lower the right side to same as the left and then if possible reduce both.

Thanks in advance for any ideas/advice/suggestions.

Dan

See this thread:
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=36172&highlight=
Schematics are posted there and it talks about some humm issues.
I have one of these little amps, using it in the bedroom with a pair of vintage Warfdales, an electronic timer and a FM Tuner as a "clock radio" to wake me up in time for work each day.

When I first got the amp I simply changed all of the electrolytic caps. There is a small amount of hum left when I use the phono input which I haven't bothered chasing since I simply don't need phono in its current use.

Cheers,
Ian

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.