• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Val MP 211 info wanted

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Well, here is the first photo, no inside pics yet, don't really feel like lifting weights tonight:D

The big transformer behind the 211 is the output trannie, behind that are four large caps, behind those is the power Xformer, I guess these amps are about 50 cm (I only know metric:devilr: ) deep (too much for my rack)

If anyone's interested I'll post pics of the inside too.

Sound update: after a few days the sound is getting better than the SE EL 84 amp I've been using so far. And there are lots of tweaking plans...:cool:

Greetings,

Miniwatt

Attachments

• img_2910.jpg
    img_2910.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 374
V.A.L info

V.A.L are made in Shenzen, China, they stoped producing amps in 2003 and now only produce speakers with small valve amps as part of them for computers and surround sound. They no longer carry any info as I have tried, but if you have some I am always happy to hear.

There are many,many companies in China producing Valve amps among them Spark, LA Audio,MingDa and cattlyink is a good source for them. It wont be long before they are up there as the best, ask Mark Levinson, many are just rebadging with minor parts changes

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.