• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Dealers for output irons in EU wanted

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi, i'm trying to finds some different dealers and brands that are available in the European union. The easiest (and cheapest) way is Hammond from tubetown but are there som other alternatives?

I know of Hammond, Lundahl, Amplimo and Sowter but are there any other. Since Poland seem to have some dealers with quite nice prices there could perhaps exist someone with output irons too?

So, let the recomendations roll in :angel:

Best regards
Kmj

These two columns give the price in euro's

Nucleo AC 0,23 and Grani orientati 0,35

They are for the two different types of cores... but I guess your Italian is better than mine! I don't know if they include tax but the prices look quite competitive and his quality is supposed to be good for the price.

James

Allow me to answer,that thicker laminations in a transformer contribute to grater distortion due to'' Fouko phenomenon''(if someone knows the accurate technical term for this..).
In the first column I see 2/3 and not 0.23,which means probably 0.66mm laminations.That's why it's a litle bit chiepier.
Standard lams seem to be 0,3mm(?).
The machinary required for thickness under 0.2mm is an extra cost for the manufacturer.

The product table is found on the .it site by selecting 'Prodotti' at the top of the page. Then 'Transformatori' on the next page. Then 'Uscita' for output transformers, etc.

I see that prices do not include tax.

The two columns refer to different core construction but I'm not sure what the first column is the second is grain orientated steel and 0.35mm think laminations. The first appears to be thinner lams at 0.23mm and that should be better performing than the 0.35mm lams but I'm not sure what the AC signifies in this context.

James

One of the best sources for audio output transformers, chokes and power supply transformers in Europe:

www.roehrentechnik.de

Unfortunately only in german language. Press "Katalog" => "Ausgangstrafos" => "Eintakt" (for Single-Ended) or "Gegentakt" for Push-Pull output stages. The manufacturing quality of the transformers are exceptional (a true "Made in Germany" product). The technical datas are very good as well as the sound. I used some of Gerd Reinhoefers transformers in my own tube amplifier projects succesfully. And if one does not find the matching transformer on Gerds list, feel free to contact him. He is really addicted to tube amplifiers and is always open for new ideas, projects and of course transformers and chokes.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.