Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Tubes / Valves

Tubes / Valves All about our sweet vacuum tubes :) Threads about Musical Instrument Amps of all kinds should be in the Instruments & Amps forum

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 24th March 2005, 03:32 AM   #1
RIC is offline RIC  United States
diyAudio Member

Default can I tone control the Peavey Classic 60/60

I found this circuit, and I would like to know if it would work for me in an PV 60/60, or somebody could point me or help in some-way.

"Hi-Fi tube amplifiers often have no tone controls, and carefully design the stages to have a flat frequency response."

Tone controls are typically next in the circuit, and probably yield the most options for tweaking. The early Fender amplifiers used a simple, crude treble 'cut' control (still labeled 'Tone'), like so;

Crude 'Tone' control is actually 'Treble Cut'.

The Treble Cut control may not necessarily be in the preamplifier stages. Vox put a similar control across the output tubes. Typically, the 'Treble Cut' control is a 500K/1Meg potentiometer, with a .005uF capacitor. The capacitor value is wide open for experimentation. It can be used for a very subtle treble cut, or a 'Deep Rhythm' tone,

http://www.tone-lizard.com/Mods_and_Odds.htm

http://www.geocities.com/duke_of_met..._6060_mods.zip
Attached Images
File Type: gif circuit16.gif (11.2 KB, 79 views)
Old 24th March 2005, 04:10 AM   #2
Enzo is offline Enzo  United States
diyAudio Member

You can always hang EQ things on circuits, but this is a power amp, its whole job is just to amplify your signal. What would the purpose of adding tone controls there be? IS there not enough tone control in the signal source?
Old 24th March 2005, 04:27 AM   #3
RIC is offline RIC  United States
diyAudio Member

Default need to control presence of Peavey classic 60/60

Good? Duke of Metal mentioned that I should put a presence control in, just can't find anything on this. I'm running an DigiTech gsp 2101 + Behringer 8000 eq in to this amp, can you help with presence control.?

Hide this!Advertise here!