• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

dead project, new life?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello all

There was a party,he saw that I was building tube amps, He wanted one, I helped.Needless to say I am stuck with a bunch of parts and a good conscience.But what to do?Being new to this I thought a few questions were in order.
We were going to build this
http://www.kbapps.com/audio/schematics/tubeamps/fender/champ5f1layout.html
so I have all those parts ,could it simply be duplicated to form a stereo amp for my shop?The speakers are around 93db.But most importantly would it sound terrible?
Slowly I am learning, but a few stupid questions have taught me very much.please set a new guy strait.

Thank you for your time
Yosh

Hi there........that schematic....all circuits of yesteryear were built like that.......point-to-point technique with R&C's in rows and tagstrips, sounded far better than any other modern method.

att'n: Heed that safety warning about working with high power supply voltages....About to do your first plug in ? Don't get <zapped> pokin' about....If in doubt ask someone competent to check what youv'e done.

richj:

Yes you are right that it is a fender champ, I just don't know if it will sound good in a hi fi set up.I have been building 2a3 and 45 amps that i love but they are all much more complex, this thing is so simple.Has anyone out there pluged a guitar amp into a cd player or anything?just wondering how it mite sound.
thanks for the advice so far
yosh

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.