Interesting Read On 300B's - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Tubes / Valves

Tubes / Valves All about our sweet vacuum tubes :) Threads about Musical Instrument Amps of all kinds should be in the Instruments & Amps forum

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 24th March 2005, 01:31 AM   #1
Trout is offline Trout  United States
diyAudio Member

Default Interesting Read On 300B's

I did a little digging today on 300B's,
After reading the TIMELINE at this site,I was left with the impression that Richardson Electronics( 2 miles from my home) owns the old western electric tube machines as well as others?

Lots of neat info at this site on cetrons, If all else a fun read
Gene
Old 25th March 2005, 01:48 PM   #2
Sherman is offline Sherman  United States
diyAudio Member

Gene,
Very cool! I like the step-by-step description of building a 300B. Almost makes me want to build my own vacuum tube.
Old 25th March 2005, 02:41 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Sherman
Gene,
Very cool! I like the step-by-step description of building a 300B. Almost makes me want to build my own vacuum tube.

HAHA,, I actually wanna go work their.
Richardsons looking for a tube builder/with hard and soft glass experience,, Sadly,, they want 10-15 years or more experience.

employment

I drive past there 2-4 times a day drooling.
Old 25th March 2005, 05:26 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Trout

Richardsons looking for a tube builder/with hard and soft glass experience,, Sadly,, they want 10-15 years or more experience.

I'm guessing there are thousands of people with such experience just beating their doors down! This is getting to be a lost art I suspect.
Old 25th March 2005, 05:29 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

Hey I wasn't paying attention before but I just realized they are not far from me. I wonder if they give tours (and hand out a couple free samples at the end like at a wine-tasting)?
Old 25th March 2005, 06:24 PM   #6
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Hey I wasn't paying attention before but I just realized they are not far from me. I wonder if they give tours (and hand out a couple free samples at the end like at a wine-tasting)?
Richardsons on Keslinger Rd In Elburn, Our new home's back yard backs up to keslinger Rd, They are 2-3 miles up the street.

Pondering calling them about a tube production tour, Maybe we can get a group together if they say yes H3ll,, Id pop for a bottle of wine lol
Gene
Old 25th March 2005, 11:56 PM   #7
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Trout

Richardsons on Keslinger Rd In Elburn,...

Pondering calling them about a tube production tour, Maybe we can get a group together if they say yes H3ll,, Id pop for a bottle of wine lol
Gene

Count me in on a tour! I bet my son would be interested as well. I'm in the Wheaton area so Elburn is pretty close.

That area is really booming now. I remember when Elburn pretty much consisted of a few houses, a cemetery and an old time gas station called "Burt's Corner".
Old 26th March 2005, 02:47 AM   #8
diyAudio Member

Quote:

Count me in on a tour! I bet my son would be interested as well. I'm in the Wheaton area so Elburn is pretty close.

That area is really booming now. I remember when Elburn pretty much consisted of a few houses, a cemetery and an old time gas station called "Burt's Corner".

haha,, I remember that also,
In fact,, being 50 this summer, and having lived in the carpentersville/algonquin area, Im suffering from asphalt poisining just watching the area being paved.

We got lucky buying in Elburn,, We got in just before the new metra link to chicago, Our homes new, and its value jumped over 50,000 in just over a year!!
Downtown Elburn is still Tiny with a capital "T" and the cops are still good ole boyzzz,, Speeding tickets are the #1 source of income I think LOL

I'll keep ya posted on what Richardson says about a tour, I'll it would be really nice, they seem pretty dedicated to the survival of Valves!
Gene

Hide this!Advertise here!