diyAudio

diyAudio (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/)
-   Tubes / Valves (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/tubes-valves/)
-   -   Rozenblits Grounded grid preamp layout (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/tubes-valves/53853-rozenblits-grounded-grid-preamp-layout.html)

seve 19th March 2005 11:17 PM

Rozenblits Grounded grid preamp layout

I am thinking about building the grounded grid preamp shown in Rozenblits book and would like to hear if anybody have made a board layout they would like to share with me?

I hope someone can help so I can avoid using p-p.

Martin

philipbarrett 20th March 2005 03:24 AM

Re: Rozenblits Grounded grid preamp layout

Quote:

Originally posted by seve
I hope someone can help so I can avoid using p-p.

Martin

Yet Rozenblit recommends the use of P-P ??

Philip

ultrachrome 20th March 2005 03:44 AM

Sorry, I built mine point to point. It was pretty easy.

However, doing an power supply PCB would make things cleaner. Everything else I wired up on a turret board with sockets from tubebuilder.com.

If I find time, I'll do a board for the powersupply just to clean things up.

There are folks on Transcendent's board who have done it. You might ask there.

seve 20th March 2005 11:24 AM

Re: Re: Rozenblits Grounded grid preamp layout

Quote:

Originally posted by philipbarrett

Yet Rozenblit recommends the use of P-P ??

Philip

Yes I remeber having read something about that somewhere, but my reason for wanting a proven board layout is that this way I hopefully can avoid making silly mistakes or getting into some hum issues as I am quite new to making DIY amps. I have only made a few and not any tube amps.

Quote:

Originally posted by ultrachrome

There are folks on Transcendent's board who have done it. You might ask there.

Thanks. I will try looking at the Transcendent board.

Martin

runeight 20th March 2005 02:21 PM

Seve, I have simple GG layouts for the Tubebuilder boards. I think you would find these easy to wire and simpler than creating your own PC board. If you'd like these, let me know and I'll either post them here or send them to you.

seve 20th March 2005 02:46 PM

Hi runeight you got mail.:)

ultrachrome 20th March 2005 06:25 PM

Quote:

Yes I remeber having read something about that somewhere, but my reason for wanting a proven board layout is that this way I hopefully can avoid making silly mistakes or getting into some hum issues as I am quite new to making DIY amps. I have only made a few and not any tube amps.
I wouldn't worry too much. I'm new too and still grappling with grounding techniques. I could never get my Foreplay to stop humming but the GG came out very quiet on my first try.

The tubebuilder board is kind of overkill for this circuit having twice as many turrets as you really need and given they are in two parallel rows, different turret positions would make this cleaner. As an alternative, you might look at Hoffman Amps. They sell the turret posts and the installation tools so you could make your own point-to-point boards.

seve 21st March 2005 05:17 PM

Hi ultrachrome.

Thanks for the suggestions.

I think I will buy the tubebuilder board and use the layout runeight so kindly send me as he has used it with succes and then I hopefully avoid making any mistakes.

Though I would still prefer a PCB, but it seems no one has a layout the can share.

Martin

ultrachrome 21st March 2005 07:49 PM

Probably the easiest route.

Did you see this site? Grounded Grid This is the guy who offered me the layout of his boards. If you still want to go the PCB route, again very beneficial for the power supply, you might try emailing him.

seve 21st March 2005 08:16 PM

I have actually been looking at that page you refer to ultrachrome, but I cannot find any way to contact him.

Martin