Rozenblits Grounded grid preamp layout - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Tubes / Valves

Tubes / Valves All about our sweet vacuum tubes :) Threads about Musical Instrument Amps of all kinds should be in the Instruments & Amps forum

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 21st March 2005, 09:36 PM   #11
diyAudio Member

I think I saw your post on the transcendent board and I'm not suprised you didn't get any offers. To the average transcendent board member it read like you were asking for the PCB layout because you didn't want to buy the kit. They're really protective of Bruce's work over there. I don't think that's what your saying, but it might have looked that way.

There might actually be board members willing to help but you gave them no way to contact you without replying to your post and potentially looking bad in front of other members. I remember the guy who offered me his board layout mentioned that Bruce probably wouldn't like it (plus Bruce just recently lost a close family member). You might follow up your post with something complimentary about Bruce mentioning that you have his book and think he's great or something to endear you to that group and make sure you put your email address in the box provided. It won't be displayed but it will allow board members to respond to you directly.

But really, why so much reluctance to creating your own board layout?
Old 22nd March 2005, 03:20 PM   #12
diyAudio Member

Hi ultrachome.

I have just read my post at the transcendent board and I agree it's not that well written, but that's the problem when you are not using English that much.

Also thanks for the suggestion about placing my email when using the board.

I have actually before posting any thingh about this subject contacted Bruce and told him my situation about having most parts and that I was interested in buying a board without any support.

I probably will be using the tubebilder board and then make a simple board for the PS.

Thanks
Martin
Old 9th June 2005, 10:08 PM   #13
diyAudio Member

I have almost all plans ready to start build the preamp. Yes I know I am rather slow and it will probably take some months before I am finshed .

I have decided to use turrets post and also p-to-p power supply. Lately I have been wondering if It soundwise and money wise is worth making a CLC or LCLC powersupply? I know this will demand for a whole other power supply and I cannot decide if it's worth investing the time into that when the standard supply already has proven to work out. Please advice me what you think!?

Thanks Martin
Old 9th June 2005, 10:45 PM   #14
kmtang is offline kmtang  Canada
diyAudio Member

Surely CLCLC is the best choice for preamplifier power supply. You would get almost ripple free B+ for your line amp. Also, you would have the flexibility adjusting the B+ with the first capacitor.

Johnny
Old 10th June 2005, 12:10 AM   #15
diyAudio Member

my advice is to build it stock and then see if you really need to mod the ps. i built the gg according to the book and it is dead quiet.
Old 10th June 2005, 10:45 AM   #16
diyAudio Member

Thanks for the replies.

I will probalby try and build it stock first because if I decicde to upgrade to another power supply I have something to compare it with and judge what I find best.

Kmtang: do you have a source for a LC or CLC powersupply with +-200V. If so I would be very happy to get a link to it.

Thanks
Martin

Hide this!Advertise here!