• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Parafeeding a push pull

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Mumble mumble ... I searched the forums but I didn't find any post on parafed push-pull stage.

Probably I am missing the point but I think that leaving the dc supply out of the tranny can be welcome also in a push-pull. The tubes can be loaded by a (large choke) and capacitor coupled to the OPT.

Any comment or reference to look at? :confused:

Gianluca

Well tube balancing is one aspect. I was considering that a parafed PP trans can be winded with smaller gauge wires, as no DC current will flow, giving smaller dimensions.

The real question should be: can this improve the THD and freq/time response as the leakage inductance and stray capacitance can be made smaller? Probably it would be a negligible effect and, that's an adverse effect, you are adding a capacitor in the signal path.

Actually the question came out while considering the possibility of using an old SE trans for a PP stage.

Gianluca

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.