• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Quetion for Thorsten

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Thorsten,
I read about your Legacy amp and since I have almost all the parts I would realy like to try to build this amp. My question is actualy about parts that I don't have.

Mains Transformer
- Is this readily available trafo or is custom made for you?
-Is the secondary#1 500VCT or are this two 500V separate windings conected in series?
-Are all the secondaries for filaments separate windings on a same trafo or are this separate small trafnsformers?
I was thinking of spliting PSU for each chanel.

Ansar Caps
Can you please sugest source for this caps. I contacted Ansar but they didn't respond to my e-mail. Probably those that are custom made for you are not available in small quantities. In the event that I can't get them would you please sugest something else of equal quality based on your experiance.

Thank you.

Konnichiwa,

MlinarS said:
Mains Transformer
- Is this readily available trafo or is custom made for you?

I used the ones from the Edison 60 Kit, 2pcs.

MlinarS said:
-Is the secondary#1 500VCT or are this two 500V separate windings conected in series?

500V is actually DC, it is the marking on the original transformers I used. AC is around 350V-0-350V

MlinarS said:
-Are all the secondaries for filaments separate windings on a same trafo or are this separate small trafnsformers?

They are all on the Edison 60 Mains Transformer (2pcs used).

MlinarS said:
I was thinking of spliting PSU for each chanel.

If you must.

MlinarS said:
Ansar Caps - Can you please sugest source for this caps.

www.cricklewoodelectronics.co.uk

Alternatively use metal encased MKP Motor Run types.

Sayonara

Konnichiwa,

baggystevo82 said:
You seem to have very good connections and experience with suppliers in the UK, and was wondering if you had any more suggestions for components sources in general?

Short of my private ones (eg I know someone who knows someone et al) or places I just walk in (like cricklewood) I only useHificollective.co.uk, Farnell & RS components. Most interresting stuff I tend to buy in germany.

Virtually all UK businesses that do not sell me ready comodities like milk (that said, my personal chocice supermarkets are between a Swedish or German Co-op british subsadiaries) get me the feeling British companies just don't want my business (exceptions do exist, but not many).

I have experienced better (customer) service in communist russia!

Sayonara

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.