• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Valve Art KT100

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
It's an attempt market con.......really an upped 88 in thicker glass.....omo....a total waste of time whoever conceived using the standard octal base. I'm also after Tung-sol 6550 info......but again nothing appears.....so I only purchase from vendors who are willing to give specs..

richj

EI KT90's....unfortunately rank not- on my opinion scale.....poorly made......with poor spot welds and internal shorts....maybe I got a poor batch..... rather embarassing when on live band shows. ....

Last year the KT90 has been discussed on this forum......I found with the standard UL 43% p-p circuits it produces roughly double the thd compared to a good KT88.

I haven't tried EH tubes there are so many different names made by one manufacturer....others on the forum have tried the KT90.....I believe with favorable results.

richj

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.