• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Monarch SA-30 Schematic

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a Monarch SA-30 tube amp that I am trying to rebuild. If I fire it up everything plays but volumne starts dropping quickly and two of the 6BM8 tubes, one in each channel start glowing like light bulbs. If I remove those two tubes the next in the series start glowing.
The tubes used in the amp are two 12ax7's, four 6bm8's and one 6ca4.
I have ordered new caps for it but would still kike to come up with a schematic for it.
If anyone has a idea of where to start looking for the problem at I sure would appreciate the help.
All tubes have checked good on a Sencore TC-142 and the filter capacitors checked weak on a EICO model 950 capacitor checker.

Thanks

this is going to be my first tread in this forum after joining.
i need your help for my Monarch SA-40A tube amps.

it was previously own by my grandpa. i plan to rebulid the amps but there was nothing i can do without the schematic diagram.

i was happy that you can find the schematic diagram for your SA-30A. i ve been searching but can find it. i have been asking people who repair here in Malaysia but even the hardcore or the repair shops also say that they can do it.

hope you can help me....

sorry, since i can't edit my previous post.

i was happy that you can find the schematic diagram for your SA-30A. i ve been searching but can find it. i have been asking people who repair here in Malaysia but even the hardcore or the repair shops also say that they can do it.

it was supposed to be like this...

i was happy that you can find the schematic diagram for your SA-30A. i ve been searching but can't find it. i have been asking people who repair here in Malaysia but even the hardcore or the repair shops also say that they can't do it.

sorry for the typo

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.