• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Interstage trans? Yes please!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ciao belli,

I am messing about with this PP idea. Any suggestion for the interstage trans?

Gianluca

Attachments

• pp.gif
    pp.gif
    23.8 KB · Views: 374
You might take a look at the "Seth" monoblocks on the Magnequest site. There is a detailed write up on them that can be downloaded from the site. I am currently rounding up parts to build the Ralph Powers PP amp using the 6C45PI and a pair of interstage trans. from Jack at Electraprint.

Hope this helps.

Pete

Gluca said:
@ Brett

something like this ???
No. Use the CCS as an anode load, cap couple the IT between the 6C45 plate and ground (or return it to the cathode). I have no way of drawing a cct for you, so here's Kurt Strains's 47PP prototype. Some of the component values were changed later, so just use it to see the topology.

Attachments

• ks47pp.jpg
    ks47pp.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 350
Originally posted by Gluca
Any comment about the CCS/driver bias?

A single ended stage will only work with the CCS on the plate. If you place a CCS on the cathode of a single ended stage it will force the plate current to be constant regardless of how much signal you drive into the grid. No change in current equals no gain.

The schematic above of Kurts variation of the 47P-P is the correct way to use a CCS in a single ended parafeed setup.

Gary

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.