• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Help! Who is the dirtributors of 6V4/EZ80 and 6H30/6N30?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

I am planning a group buy (few hundreds) for our local hi-fi group here, can some kind soul enlighten me who is the distributors of those tubes:

6V4/EZ80
6H30/6N30

I have seacrh the web and got next to nothing, most of what I have found are retailers, not distributors.

Many thanks,

DM

New Sensor distribute the 6N30P (6H30P), though I do not know if they are just selling from a large stockpile of NOS, or actually manufacture it.

I do not think there is a single distributor for the EZ80 (6V4), though I do believe New Sensor distrubute the EZ81 (6CA4) under the Electro-Harmonix brand.

This is a problem with valves, especially types that are no longer manufactured on large scale, so you can't normally go buy a large bunch of them from the distributor like you can with silicon stuff. That being said, there are probably people sitting on lots of these, but they can sometimes be hard to find.

Richardson Electronics Both Imports And Manufactures and distributes a vast assortment of Valves here In Illinois.
They are also world wide distributors, No Matter if you need 1 or 100, If its one they carry your in luck. Current inventory lists over 6500 Different Valves " IN STOCK".

I Live within 3 minutes of their headquarters and within 10 minutes of one of their tube manufacturing plants in Geneva Illinois. They Own Centron who BTW makes a d@mn nice 300B at a fair price.
Like I posted before, They do have listed "IN STOCK" 6V4/EZ80s.

Trout said:
The Only Distributor In My area That Carries The 6V4/EZ80 Is Richardson Electronics.

Right HERE

Richardson Electronics

Audio & Receiving Tubes

Gene

Gene,

I did not mean that there were no distibutors for the EZ80 - I admit that was poor wording but what I meant was there wasn't a "single" distributor for them, i.e. that they can be bought from many, many different sources.

By the way, I highly doubt Richardson Electronics manufacture EZ80s on large scale, if at all. They are probably just sitting on a huge pile of NOS.

EDIT: You may be in luck if they have them on stock, but your pocket may not. I don't know if their price for the EZ80 is expensive, but the prices for 12E1s, for instance, are the order of twenty times the price they can be bought elsewhere. Have a look around at a few other places to check that the price is okay first.

audiousername said:
Gene,

I did not mean that there were no distibutors for the EZ80 - I admit that was poor wording but what I meant was there wasn't a "single" distributor for them, i.e. that they can be bought from many, many different sources.

By the way, I highly doubt Richardson Electronics manufacture EZ80s on large scale, if at all. They are probably just sitting on a huge pile of NOS.

EDIT: You may be in luck if they have them on stock, but your pocket may not. I don't know if their price for the EZ80 is expensive, but the prices for 12E1s, for instance, are the order of twenty times the price they can be bought elsewhere. Have a look around at a few other places to check that the price is okay first.

HAHA,, I guess I worded my reply weirdly too.
I was in no way offended either,:D

I just was pointing out that Richardsons Carrying a huge inventory of tubes, And Seeing as they are worldwide, they are a great source for some hard to find tubes that can be trusted as new.
I agree that some are most likely stock piled Jan or NOS.
But none the less, They do offer bulk pricing, I agree Pricing Is Questionable.
Honestly, I have no clue exactly which valves richardson actually manufactures. I know they own Centron and make their 300b locally. (Also Pricey)
Cheers
Gene

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.