HV power supply repair - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Tubes / Valves

Tubes / Valves All about our sweet vacuum tubes :) Threads about Musical Instrument Amps of all kinds should be in the Instruments & Amps forum

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 16th February 2005, 10:05 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default HV power supply repair

I just got a BK Precision 1602 HV Power Supply from the junkyard, but its got half a dozen burnt resistors on its circuit board. Anyone have one of these? The resistors that are burnt are:
R28 ???? burnt open
R1 50 Ohm wirewound?
R17 150 Ohm?
R9 20 Ohm?
R33 3K Ohm?
R21 20 Ohm?

BK Precision discontinued the unit in 1983 so no service or manuals available. I hear not many were sold. Was sort of a clone of the Heath HV model, but solid state. So hoping someone might have one, and could take a peak inside and tell me what value these resistors were. The series pass transistor is smoked too, made by Delco! (old) Have to figure out something equivalent to it. Thanks.

Don
Old 17th February 2005, 02:42 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

did you try manualmerchant or manualsplus --

just check to see if the transformer is OK, if it is, you can go from there with the HV regulator design from Horowitz and Hill. there are really good HEXFETs from International Rectifier which fit this application to a T.

btw, Delco was the electronics division of General Motors -- it's original owners invented the electric automobile starter (among other things.) Delco is now Delphi -- has all the bad aspects of GM.

Hide this!Advertise here!