• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

coupling capacitor intermediate values

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm making my first tube power amp which requires 150nF 400V coupling capacitors between the driver and power tubes. I was trying to use audio grade capacitors but I am having trouble finding this intermediate value. Am I better using a 100nF or 220nF or using a combination to get closer to the 150nF? Any recommendations would be sincerely appreciated.
Thanks
Adam

Thanks for the replies Tim and Eli. I am trying to make the Vanderveen Plitron el34 push-pull. http://www.plitron.com/PDF/PB/Article/Atcl_4.pdf

After a bit of searching I ran across the partsconnexion which has a huge selection of both the values I need and a wide selection of audio caps. I couldn't find a way back to the moderator to stop the post but thank you just the same for the information.

I hope I made a reasonable choice. I have been mulling this over for way too long and just had to jump in at some point. It's ime to get busy. I liked the idea of being able to try out several amplifier arrangements with modifications to one basic assembly. I know it is push-pull but I have to start somewhere.

Happy listening.

Adam

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.