• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

want to build SE450TL

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
wow!!! 6C4 p-pp look nice . if i need about 20watt how many tube can use. i aso have 50 of 6AQ5 but it si not triod.

Attachments

• s4010026.jpg
    s4010026.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 131
The 6AQ5 is probably more sutable for the output stage of audio amplifiers than the 6C4 - even if it isn't a triode, you can try triode-strapping it, or apply a large amount of local feedback around the output stage such that the problems with pentode-mode operation are greatly reduced.

Just for reference, some links to datasheets on Franks: 6C4, 6AQ5.

The number of valves you'll need for 20W will depend on whether they're run class A or class AB. But you have plenty, so it shouldn't be so much of a problem :)

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
day said:
i aso have 50 of 6AQ5

The 6AQ5 was the small bottle version of the 6V6. Quite similar to EL84/6BQ5 and except for some changes to the cathode R pretty much interchangeable. Lots & lots of stuff out there to look at to apply them to an amp.

Make a nice 1.5-2 W SE amp in triode, 4-5 W SE in pentode (search on the forum for RH84), 4 W in PP Clas A, 12-15 in AB PP.... and you could parallel for more power (althou likely at a sacrifice of coherency).

dave

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.