• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

MFA Luminescence--need schematic

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am looking for a schematic for the MFA Luminescence, specifically, an earlier design than the one that is best known. I sorry, but I forget the model designation codes. I don't need the audio circuit schematic--just the one that depicts how the transformers are connected.

The best known Luminescence (as far as I know) is the one with dual power supply regulators. Mine has only one regulator, and two odd size filament transformers.

My particular question that I'm researching is the wiring of these filament transformers. Both (and the B+ supply transformer) seem to have dual primaries, and all have a brown wire that is connected to the other brown wires, separate from neutral. This separate lug seems to be 1.4 ohms off neutral.

Thanks. If you can explain this or have such a diagram, I'll contact you off list.

I have some email communiaton from a guy who has three of them. he was selling one on ebay or audiogon, I forget. Anyway, we had a few discussions about the designs, etc. I believe he has schematics. If I remember! always the trick!.. I'll dig up these fairly recent emails at workand maybe put the gentleman in contact with you.

That is, if you have no luck or joy, here on the forum.

MFA Luminescence psu

Attachments

• 15013120221e4a52d458476b5d.jpg
    15013120221e4a52d458476b5d.jpg
    301.8 KB · Views: 401
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.