• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

amplimo budget outputtransformer

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I just have the 3.5K SE OPT from Plitron which is same as Amplimo ones. I am very impressed with it's quality. I have not heard about the other OPT from them but I believe they must be good.

By the way, there's no such thing as best or perfect in this world. We are all here trying to out a little bit of improvements from our amps by trial.

Johnny

Hi,

GOt not much knowledge on the output trans but have 2 question for you:

1. Can you share your circuit for the 4x el34 kt66... sounds like it is going to be a powerful tube amp. I have been scouting around for such high power tube amp.

2. I have a local winder that can do custom trans.. how should I tell them if I want them to custom made the output trans for your project?

Thanks.

To answer my own questions, the xc462 is not compatible to the linked cirquit and the bandwidth is very restricted compared to the pat4004. The PAT4004=VDV3070 sound is easy, unrestricted and deep, while in the XC462 the sound is good, but not with high-end resolution. (got a mail from the designer)

But using kt66 was a good idéa and also to change the screen grid resistors from 150 Ohm to 1 kOhm (1Watt) to prefent any oscillation.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.