• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Driver tube for 45 interstage 1:1

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi folks,

i have got the following problem. I have got a pair of Tribute amorphous interstages 1:1, 5K, 20mA on stock. I will build a Single Ended Amp with them. Therefore i am searching for a nice Tube (DHT) which can easily drive the 45 tube thru the 1:1, 5K, 20mA Tribute interstages. I thought about the 5842 (IHT), but this tube has not enough "headroom". My preamp could deliver 15Vpp signal.

Hope you could help me!

Greetings Barossi

:xeye:

Hi,
i will try to drive with the 6H30 + Tribute amorphous core interstage 1:1, 5K, 20mA,~50H a single ended 45 tube.
I will try 200 Ub, 9V battery for bias.Which gives 1500Rp, I~18mA and a mu of ~15.

http://www.triodeel.com/6h30.html

Now my questions: Would it be better to take 2* 6H30 (one for each channel), or is one 6H30 enough to drive two channels?
What should i do with pin 9? (see photo)

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Greetings Barossi

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.