Help in SE 807 amp - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Tubes / Valves

Tubes / Valves All about our sweet vacuum tubes :) Threads about Musical Instrument Amps of all kinds should be in the Instruments & Amps forum

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 12th January 2005, 11:55 AM   #11
Banned

Default I'm here!

Yugo (and others...)

Sorry, I recall having seen an info that there was a reply -- but I actually forgot about it since I've been very busy -- both at work and doing some RH stuff.

Well, I've just "downloaded" the 807 screen driven amp, and cannot say what do I think about it right now. I do have some ideas about doing the screen drive thing, but I'm not sure whether everything would work as planned.

So, you will have to wait a little for that one...

The RH6550 triode version is completed and works very well indeed... a pentode version with a little more power awaits to be tried... and another RH amp is also waiting to show what can it do.

Since you are working on a 2A3 amp, which is almost the same as if you were working on a 6B4G amp -- you could e-mail me: yes, the thingy is disabled, but you can find my address on my web site, which you already know. My 6B4G amp is great, and maybe my expertise in DHT could help you with your project?

When it comes to screen drive as on the schematic vs. RH807 -- I'm inclined to believe that it is difficult to make a better amp with the 807 than the RH version... without false modesty. The rest is in the "ear" of the "listener".

Regards,
Aleksandar
Old 13th January 2005, 10:11 AM   #12
diyAudio Member

Default Grounded Grid 807

Alexe,
the first sch. is with the vary rare and unusual topology when g1 is grounded and the input is at the cathode,demanding very low Zsource.Check it out again,please!It has also an optional "RH" NFB!And yes, the second is screen driven 807!

Regards,
Yugovitz
Old 13th January 2005, 12:43 PM   #13
Banned

Yugo (and others)

I will check the screen driven schematics since it does interest me directly. When it comes to your interesting schematics -- I must say it is very hard "to read" since it is poor quality graphics... don't you have some schematics drawing software at hand?

Besides... did you try to e-mail me?

Tonight we celebrate the coming of the "serbian new year" -- not that it means much to me, but actually evokes different feelings. To make it seem "very serbian" one should celebrate by listening to the famous Bregovic song "Kalashnikov"... I dislike both the weapon and the song They were obviously not meant for people like me.

RH -- the horse is from an independent extraterrestrial stable: I live in Serbia, but in the morning, when I wake up, I sip coffee watching CNN... in the evening I watch Discovery or National Geographic -- if I am not listening to music or enjoying some movie via DVD... I found out that there was an assasination attempt on the president of Serbia by watching CNN in the morning. Therefore, it is very difficult to ascertain where do I live. And most certainly, I do not intend to stay here much longer... Or should that be a since I was born here and have some rights to live like a real person and human being in my fatherland?! But, that way off topic.
Old 13th January 2005, 04:36 PM   #14
diyAudio Member

[QUOTE]
I will check the screen driven schematics since it does interest me directly. When it comes to your interesting schematics -- I must say it is very hard "to read" since it is poor quality graphics... don't you have some schematics drawing software at hand?

Aleksandre,
I am sorry for the bad drawing of the sch. but I simply took it off my part of the HD and put it in may mail.I think I know where it comes from.ASAP will check it out if there is another better sketch of it.
I use public PC so unfortunatelly don't have software for drawing schematics.And of course I am a customs inspector not an expert in this area!

[QUOTE]
Besides... did you try to e-mail me?
I have tried once but I can't send you an E-mail because my OutlookExpress is out of order.Do you have any other e-mail addresses on the yahoo or hotmail?

Regards,
Yugovitz

P.S. And of course I wish a very happy and tubey OLD NEW YEAR!
Old 13th January 2005, 05:44 PM   #15
Banned

Default OLD NEW YEAR

Thank you very much, Yugo...

I understand your position... what country are you in, actually?

Regards,
Aleksandar
Old 14th January 2005, 11:04 PM   #16
diyAudio Member

Default Re: OLD NEW YEAR

Quote:
Originally posted by Alex Kitic
Thank you very much, Yugo...

I understand your position... what country are you in, actually?

Regards,
Aleksandar

Very far from the Ei factory,Alexe!As already stated under my avatar!

Regards,
Yugovitz

P.S. I will try to send you an E-mail ASAP!
Old 15th January 2005, 07:25 PM   #17
Banned

Default mail received

Hi ...

Mail received -- info useful. Try e-mailing me more... let's have a chat about your amps... and what can be done in the RH direction?

Mais certainment, mon cher ami! De gouts...

And, to all others:
this thread has stalled! Is it possible that no other propositions or soultions for an amp with 807 are available from forum members? Has anyone tried building (constructing) the RH807?

Regards,
Aleksandar

Hide this!Advertise here!