• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

6DJ8/ECC88 IEC 10M Master Series

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Absolute tube noobie, but I recently acquired two of the subject tubes (and a couple of Amperex A frame versions of the same). They're NOS and are in a gold box with foam insert. Are they a version of the Mullard 10M's? Can anyone tell me anything about them?

Thanks for any help

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Re: 6DJ8/ECC88 IEC

Sidney said:
Absolute tube noobie, but I recently acquired two of the subject tubes (and a couple of Amperex A frame versions of the same).

A commonly used tube in pre-amps or driver section of power-amps.

6DJ8 info

Often the 6922 is used in the same circuits, a Sherlock search (or Google if you are serch engine challenged) should turn up qite a few circuits.

A quick search on this forum turns up 35 hits (hint).

dave

Thanks

I believe there's something special about the "Master Series" but have yet to find what. The Mullard 10M Master Series have a NOS price in the low $100's. I believe Mullard had some relationship with IEC so maybe these are the same just manufactured under the IEC label?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.