• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Heathkit TT-1A Calibration

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Does anyone here know the calibration procedure for the Heathkit TT-1A tube tester? I have all the manuals *except* the assembly manual, which I suppose, includes it. I'm going to replace the electrolytics today and would like to try and get it back in spec.

Thanks and Happy New Year!:wave:

Gary Sanford

This is a pretty neat tester as it has a self calibration feature. Inside, there is a 4 position rotary switch labeled "bias, signal, meter and operate". There are 3 pots that refer to the first 3 positions and are adjusted using the meter and the front panel settings.

These compare well against the best Hickoks and were offered as kits explaining the self-cal procedure. I have all the manuals in hard copy except the assembly manual that includes the cal data. When I opened it up to recap it I found an "Inspected By" stamp inside, so maybe it was factory assembled and didn't include the service data.:confused:

An example is up on Ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=25422&item=3862911922&rd=1
Nice tester...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.