• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Electrostatic Shields

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Does anyone know where it is possible to purchase electro-static shields for transformers (not toroids as this is a tube project.) ?

The transformers which I am aquiring for my current project have either bell ends or are bare. As I am mounting them on the top of the chassis, I would like to have them covered up. Non-inductive metal (ie copper, aluminium or brass) would be my number one preference. I have been scouring the net for parts dealers which sell shields sepearately from their transformers and have found no joy.

Thanks in advance.:(

You could solder up a brass or copper box, then sand/file/gind the corners and paint it.. dont know if you're into that though..

A Power tranny i pulled out a 50's TV the other day seems to have one tap with continuity to nothing, and it was grounded. I assume it is some kind of sheild. (big honking pT too :))

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.