• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

sharp cutoff pentode

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Re: SRPP

Mr. Triatic said:
btw, what does SRPP stand for? -i know that PP stands for push-Pull, but the SR?

Yugo said:
Shunt Regulated Push Pull

Yes. But it also goes under many other names. There is also argument whether it shunts, regulates or is even push-pull. But that is an argument for another day.

In fact the original name for it was the Series-Balanced amplifier (on its patent in 1943 - US Patent no. 2,310,342)

hehe, it's clearly a fact that audiousername have done his homework! :cool:
thanks for info, i've searched the net, but i came up with nothing...
the amp has been running for two days now, it works flawlessly, sounds nice indeed..
i have adjusten the platevoltage to 145V instead but the difference in sound is neglible.

too bad that the forum have been inaccessible for a few days now, but now it's up and running so i will update on the progress with my preamp, still works fine, i conducted som measurements today and the results are good, 25-24000Hz -0dB, no significant overshoot when i feed it with squarewave, clips softly when i overdrive the input, output swings max 5V when driven fully.
i screened the transformers and made som aesthetic changes:

Attachments

• pre_srpp_1.jpg
    pre_srpp_1.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 433
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.