• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Tube Drag Racing!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Humm....

I'll have to see what I have around for tubes,and a PSU...Got a couple kinda-weak metal 6L6's,and a couple old (near dead,wish they were good!) Mullard EL34's that can go for some experimenting...Got a few 807's,6080's..hmm..I'll have to see what else I can dig up.. :)

As for a PSU.... hmm,I have a neon sign tranny :hot: But I think that might be a bit much..
I dunno if I have anything suitable for larger tubes,maybe I'll have to see how far I can push some subminiatures..Think I got a couple PSU's suitable for that. :D

Got plenty of 12a_7's,6AU6's,and the usual stash of similar small tubes..

Any guesses as to how far a single 12AX7 will go? 10W..25W? :devilr:

Edit:
Our friend Nick Sheldon (known for his big,crazy SE amps) has a Yahoo Group dedicated to the subject.
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/singleendedvalveamplifiers
Havn't seen him around in a while,I wonder if he's a member here?

Cute idea, Tim, but I'm out. I know I can get 300W out of a 6LF6, but only for a second or two, the the plate will blind you. So how I'm supposed to bring the input level knob up, then (quickly) down, hit the number on the upswing, and snap a photo that actually has the 'scope screen in it before the tube melts down.... think I'll just applaud from the audience and watch for crashes.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.