• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

E = m x c^2 .... Energy = mass x lightspeed squared

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Helix said:
Lisandro_P : It's funny you say that because i tryed this and found that even though the bass is flabby, it sounds like someone had lifted a vail from the high end. Maybe something to try on a tweeter amp when bi-amping.:cool:

The MASS of a speaker Construction is of outMOST importance!
As it have to outconter Sound Energy. So how About my theory!

fotenote:
only for non-genious people
MASS of pickup needle is of Equal great importantance

Seeing as how the frequency of light is infinetely greater than the frequency of sound and given that their respective speeds far outweigh each other I think you might want to extrapolate yourself a different theorem to play with, unless you plan to replace all your wire with fiber optics.:D

CROSS of his

PassFan said:
Seeing as how the frequency of light is infinetely greater than the frequency of sound and given that their respective speeds far outweigh each other I think you might want to extrapolate yourself a different theorem to play with, unless you plan to replace all your wire with fiber optics.:D
It has really Crossed my mind
As being an ultimate solution:
Send it by speed of light
as my prayers to him flying

gro

diyAudio Editor
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Circlotron

Frightening similarities. I guess things can always get worse.
He doesmake that soldering iron comment - which makes you wonder......
Reminds me of the mvie "Being There " with Peter Sellers
The best thing to do on threads that actually have a point is to ignore comments off topic I think.

Re: Circlotron

Variac said:
The best thing to do on threads that actually have a point is to ignore comments off topic I think.

Thanks MARK
you've been on my mind
more than once

I send - :p "a little prayer for you" :p - (not every morning I wake up /Burt Bacharach)
whether you like it or not
;)

gromanswe
happy today
going out into the sunlight sent opon him
creating groman-aura

fotenote:
HERE comes the SON /BEATELES (beat-less, not possible to beat)
abbey road in 1970ies (groman was 20 years young, forever young he is our viking, pray that will stay so)

Our Swedish lady fondle of Peter's

Variac said:
Britt Ekland
Quite something!

Maud Adams lived next to me
when we were young.
I BLESSED her
with my Nearby Presence

Thank GOD
Who needs Roger Moore
When There is Sean Connery
not I

groman

To ALL,

Anybody know
HOW TO USE this formula
in Sound reproduction techniques

It all depends on your frame of reference. :D

But, one would think that if one had an infinte mass stylus, and infinite mass amplifier, and infinite mass speaker, given an infinite mass medium (air?) and infinite mass ears, then one would have everything on equal levels and the sound reproduction would be perfectly linear.

Yet... the theory is, as I have heard it, that the infinity of whole numbers is half the infinity of even numbers.

Hmmmmmmm.

Gabe

I think you are refering to a maths trick mostly used in physics on particals called renormalisation,

if you devide infinity by infinity you get 1

if you get the sum of all interger numbers (1+2+3+...) you get infinity

now double up every number in the sequence and add them up and the answer is inifinity again.

now if you devide this second infinity by the first, you would think you get 2 because the second infinity is twice as big.

buttt, think again because your second infinity only contained even numbers (2+4+6+...) the answer is 0.5 :cool:

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Gabevee said:
I said half the infinity of whole numbers when it should be the other way around. The infinity of even numbers is half the infinity of whole (or ALL) numbers.

Studying infinity is quite interesting. There are the same infinite number of even numbers as all integers. Aleph-0 is the designiation for this size infinity.

dave

light?

I've thought long and hard on the issue of light and sound. E=m*c^2. Energy=mass*(speed of light)^2. It looks like it should be changed to Energy=mass*(speed of total displacement from end to end on coil)^2 or at least something relating to this.

Now the electrons in the cables are traveling at the speed of light because they are massless and that's the only speed they can travel at. I guess it would apply in that it would require more energy to move something more massive. Also, it is dependant on the coils of the speaker. If the electrons can travel the horizontal distance of the coil, instead of the circular distance, as fast as possible (nearly the speed of light), the closer it gets to the speed of light, instantaneously makes the speaker more massive. Due to inertia, the speaker doesn't want to move instantaneously, so if the electron traveled down the coil at the speed of light (call it instantaneously) then no sound would be produced. If the speaker weighed next to nothing, it might produce sound, but not much volume.
So resistance isn't necessarily as good as we thought it to be. At least not with the coils in the speaker itself....ya know, speaker designer probably talk about this kinda stuff all the time. I just haven't ever thought of it like this. hmmmmm....

Re: light?

tomasro said:
Now the electrons in the cables are traveling at the speed of light because they are massless and that's the only speed they
can travel at

When you push the electrons into the start of a wire the *push* travels down the wire at near the speed of light to make to make other electrons pour out at the far end, but the electrons themselves only travel very slowly. For example in a wire of 1mm diameter carrying 30 amps (and getting a bit hot BTW) the electrons only flow at about 1mm per second. That's what I read in a pretty old book; maybe there are different ideas nowadays.

Electrons definitely do have mass. When they collide with a vacuum tube anode they make it hot as they give up their kinetic energy. Crank the voltage WAY up and they bash those stationary anode atoms into giving off X-rays.

Here we are:- mass of an electron is 9.1091x10^-31 kg when at rest, just a little less than a poofteenth. If you attract it toward a positively charged anode with 1 volt it bumps into that anode with an energy of 1 electron volt (eV). Particle accelerators nowadays work in the GeV range. Hmm... I wonder if you could stick a grid in the way of *those* electrons and use it for a vacuum tube amplifier. :cool:

GP.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.