• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Help!! any good EL3n Push Pull circuits????

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ex-Moderator
Joined 2004
You need to decide on your objective: guitar amp/hi-fi amp/PA amp, and how much power? You can then start to make decisions about the topology, class of amplification and power supply design best suited to your needs. The EL34, for instance, can offer anything from 14 watts in class A triode mode, through 35watts in class AB1 ultralinear mode , to 100 watts in class B pentode mode per pair.

Dear cogsncogs & ray_moth ,

I had one pair hashimoto 10K PP output on hand. I hope to build one EL3n PP power amp. I check the spec already. Pair EL3N PP had 9 watt power output is enougn for me.

mainly I was considerate use EF86 input than
6SN7 driver to pair EL3n do u feel good. This is approx like the eico HF60 circuit.

pls advise to me.

thx

thomas

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2004
Your idea seems OK, although I have no experience with either the EL3N or the EL12, so I can't comment on their performance. Frankly, if I were you I'd go for something which is a bit more mainstream and for which there are many existing circuit designs. On example would be the EL34 in triode mode, which can be used with a 10k PP load for about 14w output - see attached extract from Mullard's original advert for the EL34.

Attachments

• el34-1a.jpg
    el34-1a.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 422
dear ray,

thx for your informations.

Triode for El34 PP had 14 watts output must use 10K PP output trans.
There will be same as the El3N, El3n also use 10K PP had 9 watt pentode output.

any good triode El34 PP circuit to reference.
I will build one amp can change different tube for testing performance.

If the input & driver stage were same will be better!!

thx

thomas

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.